Monday 18 October 2010

First Draft & Images


front cover so far

This is the idea of the front cover. I still have to add some details, e.g. date, issue, possibly another image, the magazine will be free, therefore I don't need to put a price on. I may put a couple of words that relate to the college and/or some of the things that are going to feature in the magazine. 


I have used this colour scheme as these are the colours of Wyke, which are also used on the website so that members of the public that may be interested in Wyke will recognise advert when they see them because of the consistent colour scheme of lime green, purple and grey. 










Here are some images that I have taken to go on the front cover. The reason I have chosen the one I have is because it fits well in the space, you can see the models face and also she is showing that the magazine is for a college as she is reading a book, not doing her make-up, which is what may appear if i were doing a fashion magazine.
         
I haven't used any of these pictures due to bad lighting, wrong angle and incorrect close-up shot.




I have used this image because it focuses on the top half of the models body, therefore the main focus in on her face. Yet I haven't taken the photo with the model looking directly at the camera because I didn't want the reader to be looking into the eyes of the model because I want them to read the headlines and not be too distracted my the image but still appreciate it. This is because we almost always will look into the eyes of someone that is in front of us, which is why Animal Rescue adverts for example, always have a close up shot of the animals face, so you are distracted my the reality of the thing you are seeing.

I have edited the picture so that I don't have the background in and the image fits on to the front cover without blocking out any of the text with unnecessary background (the library & chair).

No comments:

Post a Comment